Top Reasons Why Alkaline Water Is Actually Good For You. By Hampry Gomes.
A lot has been written about the benefits of the alkaline diet, and probably, there is also a fair share of controversies. However, there is no denying that this is one of the few food concepts that have found immense popularity over the years, and there are many celebs who endorse the diet. However, if you follow the diet, there are some serious changes to be made in your lifestyle. Apart from quitting meat and dairy products, you will have to stick to a strict meal plan. No wonder, not everyone is happy with the concept. This is precisely where you can switch to alkaline water and enjoy a broad range of benefits. Here are some of the pointers worth knowing.
1. Alkalinity and acidity are measured on a pH scale of 1 to 14. Anything that’s over seven on the pH scale is considered to be alkaline. Packaged vitamin enhanced water available in the market has an alkaline level between 7 and 10, depending on the brand you choose. Natural spring water is known to be the best source of alkaline water, but given that one doesn’t always have access to the same, packaged water is the best possible option.
2. Also known as ionized water, high pH water has a whole range of benefits. It is known to be immensely helpful in detoxification and ensures that the toxins are flushed out on a regular basis, so that fatigue, low energy, inflammation and bloating are at bay. Also, it is known to alleviate arthritis pain and help people dealing with joint pain.
3. If you have been considering ways to lose weight, ionized water is your best friend for a quick start. It helps in regulating the blood sugar levels and aids in metabolism, allowing the body to drop pounds faster than usual. All you have to do is change your regular water source with alkaline beverages. Also, it is important that you take the right amount of water each day, which should ideally be between ten and twelve glasses.
4. Acid reflux can be discomforting. It is a sensation of burning in the lower chest, especially after eating a heavy meal. Also known as acid indigestion and heartburn, it can often lead to gastro esophageal reflux disease. With alkaline water, you can deal with acid reflux disease in a better way and can avoid a lot of the usual complications that are common to the condition.
5. In a 2014 observational study, it was found that alkaline water can also help in bone health. While a lot more research is needed in this respect, the study hinted that alkaline water could be a better and safer source of calcium as compared to milk or dairy products, which have been associated with higher risk of fractures.
Before you make a choice, do read the labels of the alkaline water brands, so that you don’t miss on the benefits and possible cautions, if any. In general, it is considered to be a safe choice for most people.
I am a marketing representative of Tru Balance Water. Tru Balance Water Inc seeks to introduce the highest quality alkaline health water to the masses at a competitive price while maintaining an Eco Friendly stance.